Tuesday, July 11, 2017

Gates Nursery Reveal


On June 8th our family welcomed it's newest member - Gates!

I'm so excited to be an Aunt and I'm even more excited that Croix and Gates are so close together in age. Cousins are THE BEST and I love that they will get to grow up together.

Today I want to show you all his nursery. Let me start by saying I had literally zero to do with this space. My sister, Candace, who could totally be an interior designer herself, (hello, remember her home office?) + her husband Jimmy get all the credit here, I just love how happy it is. Plus, I know spaces like this only make the world a better place, visually at least ;) and need to be shared.

Ok, let me show you around.....


They bought a new house earlier this year and got started on the nursery right away by having the walls painted Shoreline by Benjamin Moore. They wanted a crisp and clean color to act as the backdrop for all the pops of fun decor and furniture. 

Speaking of fun decor.....umm..... H E L L O adorable little friends....


On the other side of the room sits the changing table with a closet full of teeny tiny little boy clothes beyond. I love how they elevated the look of the Ikea dresser with some new cool brass hardware! 



One of my favorite elements in the room are the framed words to the song "Little Boy Blue" flanking each side of the window that Candace had commissioned from Journey Joyful on Etsy. Our Grandma used to sing that song to us all when we were little and I think it was so sweet to bring a piece of her (Gates' namesake!) into this space. 


Pretty stinking' happy right?!  I'd totally lay here, all wrapped up in my swaddle like a burrito, enjoying the sites.  Gates is definitely a lucky little guy! Plus, it's cool to think it won't be long until Gates is crawling on that cute rug and reading stories with his Mom and Dad in the rocker and likely ripping all the beautifully styled items off that bookshelf (Croix will teach him that part :) )

All photos are my own. 

0 Appreciated Comments :

Post a Comment