Monday, February 18, 2019

Croix's Room - Curtains & Light Fixture


Jumping upstairs to Croix's room to show off his new curtains and light fixture!!

Let's start with the curtains...I swear curtains make a room come to life. This space has been getting happier with every added element, but the curtains really made it start to feel cozy and inviting. As for the selection of said curtains, I'm happy to report they were super inexpensive! Of course, I can't help but dig deep into the options, so I visited several fabric stores and got a ton of samples to consider.
As nice as a lot of them were none of these options felt right. I loved the bright colors and happy prints of some of them, but I didn't want to make the room too baby-ish or even kid-ish. Obviously it is a kids room and I want it to be happy but I don't 'want the boys to come to me when their 8 asking for something more mature. On the other hand some of the dark grays or even the plaids just felt a little too formal. That's when I decided a solid curtain in a fun color was a better direction. Of course this took me down another rabbit hole of options, so I was very excited when we happened upon yellow, velvet curtains at Ikea for a steal. We picked up a metal rod on the same day and by the end of the weekend the curtains were up. 

Next up was a new light fixture. Like every bedroom in our house this one had a ceiling fan. Functional, yes - pretty, not so much. 

The room needed to be anchored by something more fun, but it took me awhile to find the right thing. I wanted something oversized and cool but at a price point that wouldn't break the bank. I found the perfect light but the lead time was 8-12 weeks, ugh. So I continued the search to no avail. We finally decided to just pull the trigger and guess what...the light came in way earlier than expected. I slapped the ceiling fan on Craigslist and Brent went to work installing the new light.


Once up we were in love. 

It's the perfect scale, color and vibe and adds a splash of modern flair to the room. With these additions the whole space really feels equal parts cool and kid and I'm so excited with the way the whole thing is coming together. 

All photos are my own. 

1 Appreciated Comments :

Post a Comment