Sunday, August 12, 2012

Mixed Greens

This weekend was Georgia's tax free shopping weekend! I was very excited as this is always a good time to make some Fall purchases. Even though it's only 7 -8% off, every little bit helps make certain pricey items a little more obtainable. I can rationalize anything... "it's a gift!" :)

As we all know, Tangerine Tango is the "color-of-the-year", but I'd say green is one of the hottest colors of this upcoming Fall season. We all know fashion and interiors are very much intertwined, so I set out to do some research this past weekend. As I was perusing some of my favorite stores (preparing my Fall wish list), I noticed the most beautiful shades of green showcased in everything from clothing to accessories.

This shade of green...........
2012 Tory Burch
Marianne Pump
in Malachite Green.

... and these shades...

Kate Spade jewelry display showcasing various shades of green.
Photo my own.


And this shade.....(no pun intended here, haha)
2012 Tory Burch
Classic Sunglasses
in Lagoon Green

The green hues are so fresh and exciting and have the potential to add a pop of warmth and elegance to any backdrop be it an outfit or a room.

After a little digging  I believe I found a few paint colors and interior versions of this hot trend for you to consider for your space.
Benjamin Moore's Lafayette Green HC-135
This color would require a good deal of light in the room to keep it from getting too dark, but I think it's got a rich softness about it that could add an unexpected pop to any space. 



How pretty is this? Bold, but pretty. Before taking the plunge with a color like this for all the cabinets in your kitchen, you want to make sure you really really really love it. With that being said, it's beautiful, different and fresh. I could see this color on an island with a contrasting perimeter - maybe a white.  


Notice how nice this green pairs with black, silver, white and gold.

This photo is via HouseBeautiful.
The perimeter cabinets in this kitchen are painted in Benjamin Moore's Sherwood Green HC-118. I think the space is light and airy. This green is not too in your face and really works nicely with the stained finish on the islands.

Benjamin Moore's Surf Blue 2056-30.
The wall color above comes across a bit more teal than the others but I think it's vibrant and beautiful.

This photo is via HouseBeautiful.
I really like this shot. The pops of green really create a funky, fresh look in what would otherwise be a very stark and sleek space. I love the pattern of the wallpaper & the mirror over the tub.

Green with envy yet?  It's never healthy to wish one's life away, but between the fashion taking over the racks as we speak and the photos above I'm itching for a time and place to play with a little green myself. Stay tuned!

Unless otherwise noted all photos are from google search.

1 Appreciated Comments :

Blogger said...

Submit your blog or website now for listing in Google and 300+ search engines!

Over 200,000 websites handled!

Submit NOW with I NEED HITS!!!

Post a Comment