Sunday, August 5, 2018

Countertops - Croix's Bath Part 5

Thank you for all your kind words on Baby Shearer #2! Now, to finish this bathroom project so we can move on to Croix's big boy room. His nursery is going to be needed before we know it! :)

Today, let's talk countertops.

The countertops are FINALLY selected and INSTALLED and we couldn't be happier.

There is always that one element that seems to drive you crazy in a project and for us it was the countertops. I think there were several reasons why, the first being this was one of very few things that we could not DIY. We knew we would have to pay for the material and the fabrication, which was fine, but at the end of the day this is a bathroom for a 2 year old, so we really wanted to be mindful of a selection that was pretty, but also affordable. 

We checked out several Atlanta countertop companies, but were somewhat discouraged by the pricing we received. Ugh over $1k for a countertop just irked me. So, we continued on with the project, and just figured things would work themselves out. Well, as you saw in our last update post we eventually got to a place where progress wasn't really possible without countertops, so we got serious about making a decision. Around the same time I was talking with one of my clients about my countertop predicament and she suggested I consider Crowe Countertops, a company in Acworth, Georgia. I had never heard of them, but was hopeful they could be the solution to our little countertop problem.

The next weekend Brent, Croix and I headed up to Acworth to give Crowe Countertops a whirl and the rest is history. From beginning to end we had a great experience. We were welcomed in without an appointment that Saturday morning and had picked out our remnant and paid our deposit in less than 30 minutes. The next Monday we got a call that they could come template the following day between 10 and 2 with a 30 minutes courtesy call. This is where things got really impressive to me. Not only did they call, like they said, but they were literally at my door step exactly 30 minutes later. The templating group was friendly and efficient. A week later I got the call the the tops were ready and they could be out the next day between 9-12 with the same 30 minutes courtesy call. Again, they were right on time and could not of been nicer and more professional.

I know I'm going on and on about the professionals, but doesn't it make such a difference? 

Ok, ok now let's get to the pretty of it all...the actual countertop selection!!


We selected a quartz by VTI and the color name is Pantheon. It's has a white body with little flecks of gray sprinkled throughout.

I love that it's clean and quite and really just kind of blends in. The floors and wall trim bring a lot of personality to the space, so these tops needed to just sit and be pretty and they do just that! Oh and speaking of personality, check out the little step stool I snagged at an Estate Sale yesterday for $8!

All photos are my own. 

0 Appreciated Comments :

Post a Comment